Five prisoners have died when their getaway car hit a tree after a mass jail-break in Lebanon.A total of 69 prisoners managed to break down their cell doors at the jail near Beirut in the early hours.
Fifteen prisoners were caught, state news agency NNA said. One was returned by his mother.
The security forces have been conducting a search of the area, and local people have been warned to be on the alert.
The deadly accident happened when six prisoners seized a vehicle upon fleeing the facility in Baabda district.
“A white Dacia car collided with a tree, and it was found that a number of escaped prisoners were on board after they took it from its driver,” the news agency reported.
Five died and another was injured in the crash, it said.
Authorities have launched an investigation into the jail-break.
A prosecutor has said she would not rule out some sort of collusion between the prisoners and their guards.
- Police Nab 35 Suspects Including A Female For Armed Robbery, Kidnapping, 5 Other Inmates
- Court Jails Ex-Banker For N11M ATM Fraud In Yobe State – EFCC
- “Nothing Is More Important Than Security Of Lives And Property Of Nigerians – President Buhari
- About 3.5 Million Nigerians Applied For N75bn Youth Investment Fund – Sports Minister
- Police Arrested Arms Dealer, Recovered 299 Live Cartridges In Cross River State
To deliver Foreign News, Local News, Politics News, Sports News, Viral News, Gossip News, Entertainment, Lifestyle News, Health News, Freelance Writing, and Business/Advertisement.