The policeman attached to the convoy of Speaker of Nigeria’s House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has allegedly shot dead a newspaper vendor named Elechi Emmanuel at the Federal Secretariat in Abuja.
The victim was seen gasping for breath and unconscious in a video obtained by SaharaReporters while one of his colleagues tried desperately to revive him immediately after the shooting.
It was gathered that newspaper vendors upon sighting the Speaker’s convoy gathered to hail him but the overzealous security detail opened fire on them, killing Emmanuel in the process.
A source confirmed to SaharaReporters that the victim was rushed to the National Hospital where he was confirmed dead.
Media aide to the Speaker, Lanre Lasisi, did not respond to calls and a text message from our correspondent as at the time of this report.
The incident comes weeks after Nigerian youth took to the streets across the country to demand an end to police brutality and extrajudicial killings especially by operatives of the now disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad unit of the Nigeria Police Force.
- Stray Bullet Kills NSCDC Official During Nigerian Army And ESN Shoot Out In Imo State
- Desmond Elliot Burst Into Tears As Nigerian Youths Blame Him For Cause Of All The Problem
- Italy-bound Traveller Promised 2000€, Arrested For Excreting 59 Wraps Of Heroin At Abuja Airport
- Nigerians React As Garba Shehu Lambasts Gov Ortom
- Lagos State Govt. Holds Back N25m Donation Gifted To Viral Amputee Hawker
To deliver Foreign News, Local News, Politics News, Sport News, Viral News, Gossip News, Entertainment News, Lifestyle News, Health News, Crime News, and Business/Advertisement.