The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has arrested five persons for alleged graft.
The ICPC spokesperson, Mrs. Azuka Ogugua, who disclosed this in a statement on Tuesday, said those arrested were four officers of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) and an employee of a private company, Telly Ship.
According to her, the five suspects – Adeda Retty, Abimbola Louis, Eboji Ngozi, Okunda Olawale and Godwin Agazuwu – were arrested in a sting operation following an investigation into their underhand activities at the Apapa Port in Lagos.
At the time of their arrest, the immigration personnel were found in possession of seven cartons of frozen fish believed to be proceeds of gratification collected from a vessel flying a Panama Flag and carrying a cargo of fish which berthed at the Port, while Agazuwu was nabbed for buying the frozen fish from the officers.
The ICPC spokesperson said appropriate action would be taken against the five suspects. Source: Ripples Nigeria.
- “All We Want Is Forgiveness”, Ada Jesus’s Mother Rejects Prophet Odumeje’s N1m Donation
- Video: Little Boy Filmed While Consuming Bottle Of Alcoholic Drink Amidst Entertainment
- Video: Nigerian Police Officer Filmed Asking For Bribe From Spaniard On Highway
- A Man Kills Relative To Skip Paying 100K Debt
- Nigerian Troops Engage ESN Operatives In An Unmerciful Gun Battle In Akwa Ibom
To deliver Foreign News, Local News, Politics News, Sport News, Viral News, Gossip News, Entertainment News, Lifestyle News, Health News, Crime News, and Business/Advertisement.