Nicodemus Nomyange, a 40-year-old married man, has set himself and his girlfriend, Shininenge Pam, ablaze in Benue State.
The duo died from the incident, which happened off Inikpi Street, High-level area of Makurdi, the state capital.
Trouble started when Nomyange, who had been discreetly seeing Pam for a while, proposed marriage to her, an advance she declined citing her preference to marry a single man and not one, who already had a wife.
Unable to handle the rejection, Nomyange went to her apartment, shut all the doors and windows and set the whole building ablaze.
Efforts to save them failed and they both died after sustaining various degrees of burns.
Their charred remains have been deposited at the Federal Medical Center, Makurdi, by officers of the Federal Road Safety Corps, who were at the scene of the incident.
Meanwhile, Benue State Police Command spokesperson confirmed the incident, describing it as unfortunate.
- “All We Want Is Forgiveness”, Ada Jesus’s Mother Rejects Prophet Odumeje’s N1m Donation
- Video: Little Boy Filmed While Consuming Bottle Of Alcoholic Drink Amidst Entertainment
- Video: Nigerian Police Officer Filmed Asking For Bribe From Spaniard On Highway
- A Man Kills Relative To Skip Paying 100K Debt
- Nigerian Troops Engage ESN Operatives In An Unmerciful Gun Battle In Akwa Ibom
To deliver Foreign News, Local News, Politics News, Sport News, Viral News, Gossip News, Entertainment News, Lifestyle News, Health News, Crime News, and Business/Advertisement.